I finished these mittens a while ago, but still don't consider them "done" since I haven't blocked them yet. It is cold and snowy though, so I'm wearing them anyway. You need bright colors on a slushy white day.
I had a lot of issues with this knitting project. I originally started with the pattern Chrysanthemums, but woah - the sizing and shape of this pattern was OFF. I had the right gauge, but do you see that image below? That was the wrist. THE WRIST. Looks more like the start of a legging.
I didn't feel like doing the math to make the mittens fit my hands, so I frogged it and tried to find something else. Truth be told, I also found the frogged pattern's colorwork mind-numbing. Pearl Chain Mittens seemed to be the perfect solution to my problem. It was a pattern that could be changed easily, if needed, and had a colorwork repetition that was easy to remember and do absent-mindedly, yet still kept my interest.
I did some mods, like having a ribbed cuff. I like my mittens/gloves to fit tight, and really wanted a wrist I could easily put under sweaters sleeves, so colorwork ribbed it was:
Ribbed cuff mod:
CO 52 in MC, join in round.
K2 in MC, K2 in CC repeat all the way around
Continue with this ribbing until 3” in length
I also was knitting with a thinner yarn than suggested, so I added 12 more stitches to the chart (6 on either side), to make the mitten measure 7.5" around.
I'm almost done with the colorwork cowl I've been knitting up, but I had to take a break from it to get some work done. I hope to have that project done by next week though. I'll share the final result when it is all finished!