Lately I've been winging it at most of my knitting projects. Just coming up with patterns off the top of my head and deciding if it will work out within the first few rows. I did this with a pair of leg warmers I've been working on for myself. I created a pattern in my head that feature the Knit Picks Chroma yarn I'v ebeen hoarding very nicely and this time I even remembered to write down all the info. (I learned that lesson through a different mistake!)
The first one came out great and was happy to find that it fit and was comfy. Then came the second leg warmer, the bulk of which I made while sick and sitting in front of Miss Marple episodes. This sick+old lady banter combo made for errors, such as forgetting to increase my stitches before the calf area. So, as I held the two leg warmers together I noticed that while they were even in length, they were not in width. Oops!
I decided to try them on and see if it was really bad. While on, the length is shortened on the 2nd one (because it has to stretch out more width wise to make-up for my error) and while I find the difference in lengths charming, the tighter one is, well...tight. I've decided to rip the 2nd one back and knit it properly because if both leg warmers aren't comfy I just won't wear them. This project will have to wait until after I'm done making my holiday gifts though, which is a shame, but I have some great gifts on the needles right now!