On January 22nd, it will cost one whole penny more to mail letters to any location in the United States. That's right, a mere 45 cents to send something anwhere in the U.S. It's still a great deal.
Highlights of the new single-piece First-Class Mail pricing, effective Jan. 22, 2012, include:
- Letters (1 oz.): 1-cent increase to 45 cents
- Letters additional ounces: unchanged at 20 cents
- Postcards: 3-cent increase to 32 cents
- Letters to Canada or Mexico (1 oz.): 5-cent increase to 85 cents.
- Letters to other international destinations: 7-cent increase to $1.05
Look at that, it's still less than a dollar to send things to Canada and Mexico and just a dollar and a nickel to send a letter anywhere in the world! Anywhere! In! The! World! It's just amazing.
Also amazing are the stamps released today and this year so far. That's one good thing about a rate increase; you seem to get a lot of new stamps along with it.
Click on the stamp names to be taken to Beyond the Perf, the official blog of U.S. stamp releases, for more information about each stamp.